Family mourns victim of Jakarta hotel bombings as police investigation continues

2009-07-21 09:32 BJT

Watch Video>>

The first of seven victims in the Jakarta hotel bombings has been buried. Police are continuing the investigation into the bombing. This is the funeral of Evert Mocodompis.

A relative mourns one of the victims killed in Friday's deadly bombings which hit two luxury hotels in Jakarta. Investigators have identified one of the Jakarta suicide bombers and are taking DNA samples from his family, media reports say.(AFP/Arif Ariadi) 
A relative mourns one of the victims killed in Friday's
deadly bombings which hit two luxury hotels in Jakarta.
Investigators have identified one of the Jakarta suicide
bombers and are taking DNA samples from his family, media
reports say.(AFP/Arif Ariadi)
 

The 38-year-old died while working in the restaurant of the Marriott hotel on Friday. But his wife could not attend. She had given birth to their second child the day before he was killed.

Family members and friends paid their last respects.

Ade Towilamri, Friend of Mocodompis, said, "He was a very lovely person. Everyone, from the low to the high level just loved him. I will never forget him."

Police continue to piece together bomb fragments, body parts and other clues from the Marriott and the Ritz-Carlton hotels.

On Monday, people left flowers outside the Ritz-Carlton to remember the victims. They vow to stop the terrorists.

Laksmi Pamuntjak, Indonesian Citizen, said, "We are not afraid. The plurality that is Indonesia is always going to be, it's always going to prevail and we will not bend down or buckle in the face of violence we will fight it and we will fight it to the end."

Investigators are trying to identify the bodies of the two bombers. One is believed to be Indonesian. Both are believed to have belonged to the Southeast Asian militant network Jemaah Islamiyah.

Anti-terrorism police are hunting for Noordin Mohammad Top, a fugitive Malaysian who heads a particularly violent offshoot of the network.

So far, officials have identified the bodies of four other victims. Three were Australian, and one, a New Zealander. The bodies of two other victims remain unidentified. 17 foreigners are among the 50 wounded.

Editor: Yang Jie | Source: CCTV.com