Headline News


Carbon monoxide leak leaves 15 workers in hospital in S. China

Source: Xinhuanet | 05-09-2007 14:16

HAIKOU, May 8 (Xinhua) -- Fifteen workers from a food company were hospitalized after they suffered carbon monoxide poisoning in south China's island province of Hainan on Tuesday.

The 15 workers of Jiadexin Foodstuff Co. Ltd, fell ill on Tuesday afternoon when a carbon monoxide transmission pipe broke, said a source with the company.

All of them have been sent to nearby hospitals for treatment.

Other workers at the company were evacuated after the accident.The company has been ordered to suspend production.